Information Security Engineer
About the Role
The Information Security Engineer is responsible for providing administration support of several security technologies. These responsibilities include day-to-day support of various security hardware/software applications, monitoring and alerting to security threats, and assist in facilitating the remediation of those threats.
The Information Security Engineer provides services and support across a diverse range of business applications, while adhering strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with regulatory standards, and PRO Unlimited policies and practices. The position requires a good degree of technical proficiency and familiarity with software, system and network security issues in large enterprise environments.
What You Will Do
- Provide assistance to support, maintain and monitor multiple security technologies, such as vulnerability scanning solutions, IDS/IPS, anti-virus technologies, DLP capabilities, SIEM technologies, web application firewalls, m365 and Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS).
- Work on company security project initiatives.
- Assist in the assessment of security information, triaging and responding to security events, identify false positives, and conduct correlation analysis across numerous internal and external data sources while prioritizing information security incidents.
- Provide assistance in the handling and resolution of security incidents, to include system intrusions and abuse and acts as a primary point of contact.
- Participates in development and implementation of information security policies and procedures.
- Assist in the enforcement of data security practices within the corporate systems environments; tests for exposures to ensure adherence to guidelines and procedures, and works with platform experts to implement remedial measures as appropriate.
- Participates in special projects concerning information security, including testing and implementation of security technology enhancements. Maintains standard operating procedures to reflect day-to-day security operations.
- Tests security controls and manages the associated remediation of any deficiencies as needed
- Assists in developing responses to internal & external audits, penetration tests and vulnerability assessments.
- Performs other duties as assigned required.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in IT with at least 3 of the years working security issues.
- Hands on experience with mitigating security controls (i.e., anti-virus, IPS/IDS, DLP, web and network proxies, multi-factor authentication, etc.) and how they work in an overall defense in depth risk assessment methodology.
- Experience with cloud solutions (Azure/AWS).
- Experience in vulnerability management and remediation.
- Good understanding of network, workstation, and server security configuration.
- Experience supporting information security design concepts, including testing and implementation of security technology enhancements. Experience with regulatory compliance regulations (PCI, SOX, PII, etc.)
- Experience with Security Standards (ISO, NIST, etc.)
- Must be able to effectively interact with other teams across the organization.
Other Key Qualifications:
- Minimum of one current technical certification (e.g. GIAC, GSEC, CompTIA SECURITY+, Azure Security Technologies)
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment. Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Excellent technical documentation skills. Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Experience supporting technical teams.
- Strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact professionally with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
What PRO will Offer You
- A comprehensive onboarding program and colleagues who will help you get familiar with the organization
- A competitive salary with good secondary benefits
- A guaranteed 13th month
- 31.5 vacation days based on full time employment
- A pension plan
- A laptop
- Nice extras such as a vitality program
- Annual training courses
- Various social and sporting activities to get to know your colleagues even better
Who We Are
PRO Unlimited is the future of work. Serving hundreds of the world’s most recognizable brands for the past 30+ years, PRO Unlimited offers the industry’s first holistic platform for the modern workforce. PRO’s integrated workforce management (IWM) platform supported by data, software, intelligence, and best-in-class services team is key to our clients’ success. It can adapt quickly to regional or industry economic shifts, and provides the speed, scale, flexibility, transparency, and expertise required to meet an organization’s contingent workforce management, talent strategy and broader organization goals. At PRO, you’ll work with passionate colleagues who collaborate and deliver meaningful results that positively transform the largest companies around the globe.
If this role isn’t for you
Stay in touch, we will let you know when we have new positions on the team. To see a complete list of our open career opportunities please visit https://www.prounlimited.com/careers.php.
To do our best work we need different viewpoints. Therefore, we celebrate diversity and embrace inclusion. As an equal opportunity employer, we are dedicated to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We strive to ensure that we maintain a positive and enriching work environment for all.
Leuk dat je solliciteert! Wij nemen zo snel mogelijk contact met je op.
2. Kennis maken
Hilko belt je op om kennis te maken.
3. Eerste gesprek
Je komt langs voor een kop koffie of thee en een goed gesprek.
Hebben wij een klik? Dan volgen er één of meerdere vervolggesprekken
Wij doen jou een passend voorstel.
6. In dienst
Welkom bij Brainnet!